1. Invest in a battery-powered camping lantern. We’re gotten more use out of that thing from power outages than from camping and it puts out a lot more watts than candles.
2. Be sure to remember where you put your camping lantern and flashlights if you move.
3. Ice becomes a hot commodity if the power outage lasts over 12 hours so memorize the location of all area stores that sell ice.
4. Fear of a gas shortage can cause gas prices to spike rapidly so fill your tanks the day before any power outages. You may need the assistance of a psychic for that one.
5. Adopt an animal. They can provide hours of electricity-free entertainment!